Sunday 6 April 2014

Monthly Favourites | March




 
I haven't posted a monthly favourite post in quite a long while so of course that means that I have lots of products that I need to share with you because as a product junkie I think its only right for me to have a long list of current favourites and of course I need to share that all with you! Right?! This months favourites is a bit of a mixed bunch but surprise the majority of my favourites are makeup products! Shocking I know! Any way lets get into it...

Mac - Studio Sculpt Foundation | If you've read my blog for a while then you'll know I've used this foundation for years and stopped using it to try different foundations and then I re-found it and safe to say I still love it. It's a gel formulation and it is defiantly a medium to full coverage but more on the full. But you can always mixed it with different foundations or into your moisturiser and it doing this makes it more sheer and wearable for day to day wear.

Rimmel - Match Perfection Foundation | This is defiantly one of the best foundations on the market for the high-street and I would happily wear this on a daily basis but sadly this colour which is the lightest is too pink and warm for my skin. If it was more cool toned it would be perfect. But I've been mixing it into my studio sculpt and it gives me a great colour, coverage and overall look. I need to remember to pick my right shade up next time I'm in Boots!

Nars - Laguna Bronzer | I finally got this at the end of January (I know perfect time to get a bronzer, right!?) And I have too agree with everybody that has ever tried this - it really does deserve all the hype that's around it! Without being dramatic - its the best bronzer that has ever been! Enough said.

Laura Mercier - Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 01 Highlight | If your looking for a powder highlight that isn't to shimmery and overpowering then you'll love this! Its the perfect neutral shade - not to warm or cool toned, the perfect in-between shade. It is also a great all over the lid colour!

Mac - Powder Blush in Well Dressed & Pinch O'Peach | These separately are both gorgeous colour but I find Well Dressed can wash me out more than what I already am and Pinch O'Peach is a big to bright and matt for my liking - but mix them together and you get the perfect blush colour. It's seriously the only colour I have been wearing on my cheeks for months!

Mac - Painterly Paint Pot | If you want to own one base for your eyeshadow, that goes with all looks - for both day and night looks, then this is your base. Its a great colour and you can also use it by itself. I will say my eyeshadow has stayed on all day and it hasn't creased but I can go without a base on for my eyeshadow and they will last but it really depends  on the person - but your eyeshadow will stay on as I use them in my freelance kit and would be lost without them.

Mac - Chatterbox Lipstick | I have always been a nude lip kind of gal but as of the last two months I have been trying brighter colours - nothing to crazy but my favourite had been chatterbox from mac which is described on the mac website as a "bright red-pink" but I wouldn't agree with that. Its a mid toned pink not light but it also isn't a vivid neon shade. Its also very wearable for everyday if paired with very simple neutral make-up.

Nyx - Mega Shine Lipgloss in Nude Pink | As I said I was getting into brighter shades of lipstick, I have also been getting into lipgloss as its spring and I like a natural and quick look to do in the morning. Nyx really need help to pick the names of there glosses because this is by no far a nude pink much more of a light coral peach. With happens to be the best colour for this time of the year. Does anyone else think these glosses smell like bubblegum?

Models Own - Northern Lights Glitter Nail Polish | I tend to forget about this nail polish as it falls down to the bottom of my glitter nail polish jar. Its a nice colour as long as you have longer nails. It is also a nice colour for an accent nail.

 Neutragena - Hand Cream | The past month I have had a massive problem with dry hands, the have been so sore and dry that the skin around my knuckles have been cracking and bleeding - not exactly ideal. All my usual hand cream have been to sore to use as they sting to much but as this has no fragrance its been perfect and its gotten my hand back to the way they should be!

TRESemme - Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo | All us long hair gals need to have a good dry shampoo in our life without it half our day would be trapped indoors washing, drying and styling our long Rapunzel like mane. But with it a quick few sprays and a few minutes later were good to go. This is by far the best one out there, I have tried a lot in my time of dry shampoos and this is the best one by far. I have used this since the begging of last summer and I constantly use it and need a new bottle.

If you read my last "What's on my Face" post you will know this year has been a bit of a crazy to say the least with my dad being really badly ill and then training to become a fully qualified make-up artist and then last Sunday (30th March) I finally qualified! It feels amazing to finally qualify, I've wanted it for such a long time and still has quite set in yet! I also just re-re-designed my blog, now that I know how to do it I am constantly wanting to change it up! What do you think? Do you like the new look? I also am going to start doing more make-up tutorials so if there is any looks you would like me to do then please send them to me either in the comments below or on twitter (@BowsBeautyB)! 

What's your March favourites?   
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs