Wednesday 11 December 2013

Counting Till Christmas // Make-Up, Hair & Outfit Ideas for Christmas

For most of us Christmas is a really special time where we spend time with our family and friends some which we may have not seen in a while. With this being said we all want to look our best on Christmas day (or round about that time!) I'm going to share with you what I would wear on Christmas day depending on what I was up to.

Look 1 - Comfy & Casual

 
Make-Up:

Since the outfit is very simple I wanted my make-up to also be simple and minimal.  

Benefit - Porefessional Primer
Collection - Lasting Perfection Concealer
Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
MAC - Pressed Blot Powder
MAC - Mocha Blush
MAC - Charcoal Brown e/s
Maybelline - Brow Drama
Maybelline - The Falsies Mascara
Maybelline - Baby Lips in Peach Kiss
 
For me this is minimal make-up, no eyeshadow or eyeliner. No bronzer or highlight and I've only used a tinted lip balm! I do however love the look of clear dewy skin, long lashes with a tint of colour on your lips. 
   
Hair:

My hair has been loosely curled with my instyler but I just wrap my hair around the hot barell - I don't close it. This is second day curls which always look nicer as there more relaxed. I have then just left it to do what it wants to! 

Outfit:

This is probably more dressy then I'll be I already know what I'm getting for Christmas so I'll probably be wearing my new Hollister jogging bottoms but I'll probably wear this when I go around to my sisters. The festive Elmo t-shirt is from Primark last year but it still looks as good as new since I only wore it about 3 times last year!
 
Festive T-Shirt - Primark
 
White Vest Top - Primark
 
Black Leggings - River Island
 
Ugg Boots in Chestnut

  
Look 2 - Casually Smart
 
 
Make-Up: 

I've added some products to make me look more done up. The products I added to look 1 are...
Benefit - Hoola 
Elf - Golden Bronzer 
Urban Decay - Foxy, Tease, YDK & Busted
MAC - Embark e/s
Maybelline - Eye Studio Gel Liner in Black 
MAC - Angel 

I love the look of Bronzer and highlighter it really bumps your look up and gives it a little extra something. I have to say eyeshadow didn't go to plan - Urban Decays Busted just doesn't blend well and just goes really chalky and flakes away so I just used embark from mac to try and correct it. I also used YDK all over my lid and tease as my blending colour - both from the Naked 2 palette. I then lined my upper lash line with Maybelline Gel Liner and did a tiny little wing. For my lips I went with my favourite Angel from MAC.
 
Hair:

Carrying off from look one all I did with tease my crown, to give my hair some volume. I then pinned back my fringe and  finished it off with some hairspray. 

Outfit: 

I actually wore this to go out for lunch with some family that I haven't seen in a while. As always I wanted to make an effort but I didn't want to look overdressed. This was perfect and it's also very comfy and smart.
 
Lace Blouse - H&M
 
White Vest Top - Primark
 
Leigh Skinny Jeans - Topshop
 
Ankle Boots - Aldo
 
Handbag - Marc by Marc Jacobs
 
 
Look 3 - Dressy


Make-up: 
 
Adding from look 1 & 2 all I've done is add some natural false eyelashes and some red lips to add some Christmas-y to the look. I don't really like red lips on myself personally but on others I think it's gorgeous on others. 
 
The Vintage Cosmetic Company - Connie Lashes
Revlon - Colourstay Lip Liner in Red
MAC - Ruby Woo Lipstick 



Hair: 
 
There really isn't anything to add I've not changed my from look 2! 
 
Outfit: 
 
If I was going to a Christmas party or for a fancy meal out, this is probably what I'd wear apart from I'd switch the heels out for black heeled ankle boots which I don't currently own! This dress is a very recent addition, I love the cut of the dress it's flattering and lady like.
 
Dress - Dorothy Perkins
 
Tights - M&S
 
Heels - New Look
 
City Office Handbag - Zara
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this, it's not like anything I've ever done before! As you can probably tell I'm not used to taking pictures of my outfits - probably should have cleaned my mirror first as my 11 month nephew likes to stand at them and hit them! If you want to know more about any of the looks then comment below and I'll reply asap.
 
What are your plans this Christmas? 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs