Friday 29 November 2013

My Skin Care Routine // Dry & Acne Prone Skin ft Cetaphil, Bioderma & More

 

Today I am going to talk to you all about my skin and how I try and look after it - I'm not going to dilly-dally, so lets get straight into it! Here's something you'll need to know about my skin. This year has defiantly not been a good year in terms of my skin. Before I was dry and had the odd spot but nothing to devastating, in the past year my skin has become even more dry with acne. Now I would never make out my skin was awful and that my face is covered in spots because it isn't totally but I have definitely never had skin like this before, I do go through stages with my skin it can clear up and be good for a few weeks and then all of a sudden I'll have a massive breakout. Whist at the doctors a few months ago I did ask my doctor about my skin and she said it was defiantly acne, she did give me a cream to try but that didn't work out. I mainly get my acne on my chin and forehead and sometimes I get it in other places like on the corners of my nose or sides of my cheeks but the worst is most defiantly my chin and forehead - also the spots I get especially on my chin are actually painful. I have extreme anxiety and also get panic attacks and I have noticed when I have a panic attack or if I get really anxious then in the following days my skin is practically bad, I also have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) which to put it nicely can effect more than my stomach so I can't be definite but I think that plays a part. So as you can tell they're isn't much I can do apart from treat the acne when it comes out, and I've tried a lot of products and these are the ones that have cleared my skin up even though my skin still has breakouts these products work best for me - I should also add that everybody's skin is different and will react differently, if your struggling its all about trial and error but I defiantly recommend these products.

 
Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser -

I think this has made quite a big difference to my skin especially when I use it with the lotion. If you've never heard of Cetaphil then I'll quickly tell you a little about it. Basically Cetaphil is used by and recommended by dermatologists, it is specially made for sensitive skin and personally I think it's really good and have also heard a lot of good things about it. Basically I use this morning and night (1 pump morning and 2 pumps at night), I only use 2 pumps if I have make-up on or if my skin is feeling practically sore. I then rub it into my skin using my fingers and then wipe off with a cotton pad but you can also remove it with water and then pat your face dry with a clean face cloth. You can get Cetaphil from Boots or Feel Unique.

 
Bioderma - Sensibio H20 Solution -
 
It can't be a skin care routine with out Bioderma right?! Well I happen to love this stuff and have gone through far to many bottles of all sizes. You've probably know a lot about Bioderma or you might even own it. I use this on both my eyes and face - I love how it's strong enough to take eye make-up of but still gentle enough that it also takes off all of your face products without making your face red and blotchy looking. It does take off about 95% of my eye make-up it just depends how much you have on, if it's a lot then you'll need the help of a stronger eye make-up remover. If you looking to get this I get mine from Escentual.com and you can get this in 100ml, 250ml and 500ml. 
 

Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion -

Personally I like a really thick creamy moisturiser as my skin is so dry especially in the autumn and winter. Saying that it isn't thick at all, it's very lightweight but I do pack a lot on and lets it sink into my skin which it defiantly does since that my skin is so dry. I do like the Oilatum - Natural Repair Cream as it's nice and think so I'm going to pick another tube of that up to use at night time.


Benefit - It's Potent! Eye Cream -

Just like my moisturisers I also like thick eye creams and this most certainly is thick and creamy. I have quite a few sample pots of this like the one in the photo above and they surprisingly last quite well considering. You defiantly don't need a lot of product and when I use up all my sample pots I will defiantly get the full size!


Clean & Clear - Advantage Spot Treatment Gel -

Trust me when I say I've tried about 15-20 different Spot Treatments (both high-end and high-street) and it might just be my skin now but this is defiantly the best I've tried. And I would agree with everything that it says it defiantly reduces redness and can also help the spots get smaller and go away. I also love that it is clear and so it says you can put on clean skin or if a spot appears during the day you can also put it on top of make-up.


Sudocrem -

If your from the UK you'll know Sudocrem is typically used for nappy rash on little babies bottoms but it also has many other uses. If you read the tub it says its an "antiseptic healing cream" and it also states that it can be used for nappy rash, eczema (I've tried it on mine and didn't really like it over my other creams), Surface Wounds, Sunburn and Acne - just to name a few. Once I put the spot gel on I leave for about five minutes just so I know that it's sunk into my skin. I then place this over and I also think that it helps, if not to help heal it then just to smooth it.

 
Origins - Clear Improvements Mask -
 
It's important that you use mask on your skin to make sure that you get out all the dirt that builds up throughout the week into your pores. Charcoal masks are really good at bringing out the dirt in your skin and cleaning your pores, this one from Origins is the only charcoal mask that I've tried but I love using it so much I don't need to try any others. Since it cleans out your pores it also helps with acne. I use this about once a week in the shower and if your somebody that might forget to do a mask set a day to use it. I normally use it every Sunday because when you use a lot of products sometimes some can fall through the gap!
 
Origins - Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask -

If you have dry skin that can feel quite tight and even dry patches this is a skin saver. If you apply it before you go to bed I normally use it when I take my make-up off but it is an overnight mask so I wouldn't recommend putting make-up over it. This has got an extremely fruity smell to it which personally I don't like but most people would like it, it has a very thick and creamy formulation which feels nice when your skin is dry.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this and found it some what interesting or helpful. If you have any questions then you can comment below or tweet me (my links in the side bar). Thanks for reading and I'd love if you'd click the follow button either via bloglovin or GFC - I have started a new Christmas series called Counting till Christmas so there will be a new Christmas themed post every Wednesday and like last year it will finish on Christmas day with what I got for Christmas!

Do you use any similar products?
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs