Monday 28 October 2013

Autumn Eyes // All That Glitters & Sketch









If you've managed to get through all of the pictures then well done! I've been struggling recently to take photos because it's so glumly and dull outside and taking good enough photos has been quite some task. And since they came out bright I thought I would include the ones that came out the best! Anyway as it is well and truly Autumn I thought I would do a make-up post which has been inspired by the colours of Autumn which I like to like are crisp golden shades like the changing colours of leaves as well as the signature purples and berry shades we all like to incorporate into our look whether it's with our nail polish, lipstick or even our clothing. 

I personally prefer to have stronger and darker eyes than to wear a dark coloured lipstick. I feel my lips are to small to try and rock bright and bold lips even though I absolutely love the look of it! But it can work in my advantage sometimes because I have green eyes purple and berry toned colours work best with my eyes and really makes them pop - which I really love! I don't just wear these shades at Autumn time, I do tend to wear it similar looks like this all year round. 

Face - 

Bare Minerals - Prime Time
MAC - Studio Sculpt Foundation - NW15
Maybelline - Fit Me Concealer - 15
MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer - NW15 
MAC - Mineralized Skin Finish Natural - Medium 
Benefit - Hoola
MAC - Cream Blush - LadyBlush
Elf - Golden Bronzer - Golden

Eyes - 

MAC - All That Glitters, Haux, Sketch, Embark, Ricepaper, Wedge & Charcoal Brown Eye-shadow
Soap & Glory - Supercat Liquid Liner
Maybelline - The Rocket Mascara
Maybelline - Brow Drama - Dark Brown

Lips -

MAC - Lipstick - Angel
Rimmel - Lasting Finish by Kate - 107 

I used four colours on my eyelid which were All That Glitters - all over the lid, Haux as my blending colour in the crease, Sketch in my crease and Embark in my outer corner. I then used Ricepaper in my inner corner to brighten my eyes up. I also used Sketch and Embark mixed together under my eye to balance the look out. I then used my favourite liquid liner from Soap & Glory along my lash line and then the amazing Maybelline The Rocket Mascara which really defines my eyelashes and makes them stand out - it also lasts all day without making my lashes fall down. 

For my eyebrows I used Charcoal Brown on 3/4 of my eyebrows and on the start of them I used Wedge - both from MAC. To set them in place recently I have been using Brow Drama by Maybelline. 

For my face I used a full coverage foundation to make my skin look as good as it could - which is pretty difficult with my skin! I used MAC - Studio Sculpt which is good for this time of the year as it is a gel formulation and works well on dry skin. I didn't want to go overboard with bronzer or highlight but I did want to have an Autumn coloured blush and MAC - Creme Blush in Lady Blush is great for that look. 

As for my lips like I said earlier I prefer natural colour on myself like MAC - Angel but it is a darker natural pink so is perfect. If you do like darker lips then the famous Rimmel - Lasting Perfection Lipstick by Kate in 107 is perfect. 

I hope you enjoyed! I have more Autumn and Winter themed posts coming up soon. I love this time of year, when the leaves are changing and the weather is cooler but it isn't completely freezing! 

What does your Autumn Make-up consist of? 

2 comments:

  1. Love all of the make-up you used and the look you've created is so pretty. I've never seen a pro longwear concealer nearly run out, mine doesn't seem to be going anywhere haha. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I know I've had it for about 9 months or so but defiantly got my use out of it! But that's a good thing that you still have lots left! Becki x

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs