Tuesday 21 May 2013

Real Techniques - Starter Set // Review


 
 
 
 
 
 
I am a massive fan of the Real Techniques brushes, there’s such good quality for the price – I would even go as far as saying there better than MAC brushes. I have done a review on Real Techniques brushes before – on a different kit which I will link if you want to read that as well Core Collection Review. In the post about the core collection I gave a bit of a back ground of the brushes in that review so if you want to know then you can read that but today I am going to tell you about the starter collection that is for eyes.
Product –
As I do with every review that I do I am going to add a description from the Real Techniques website.
“Eye definition goes high-definition with this essential set:
 includes 5 full-size brushes + case: base shadow brush: applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color

deluxe crease brush: soft, oversized design for effortless contouring

 accent brush: designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging

 pixel-point eyeliner brush: tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application
brow brush: distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows

 panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand
look pixel-perfect even in harsh light

 ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
 extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use”

That basically sums everything up perfectly!

How it Works? –
Of course there are many uses for the brushes aside from what they are meant for and I’ll give you a quick run-down of how I use like to use these brushes:

-Base Shadow Brush
I love this brush and thankfully they sell it individually! I use this for concealer, eye shadow and highlighter – yip I love it!

-Deluxe Crease Brush

I also love this brush for concealer and eye shadow.

-Brow Brush
This is just a simple angled brush, which I use for filling in my eyebrows or for lining either my upper lash line or my lower lash line.

-Accent Brush
I use this for either applying shadow on my lower lash line or brighten my inner corner; this is also great for doing really precise work.

-Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush
Now this brush is a bit more restricting, I only really use it for applying eye shadow along my upper lash line to make it look more smoky and undone.

Packaging –
The sets come in a black travel case that doubles as a stand. I personally don’t find a use for the stand as I keep my brush in a glass jar but if you didn’t have storage for your brushes it could come in handy.

Price –
Since I got the brushes they are much easier to get you can get them from Boots, Superdrug, Love Make-up and Look Fantastic. I personally get mine from Boots.

Overall Opinion –
Overall this is a great set that is a must-have, not just for starters but for everybody. I keep a set and am planning on getting another set to keep in my pro kit for doing other peoples make-up and I mostly do bridal. I strongly recommend these brushes they are such good quality for the price and they are kind of like an investment because they are going to last you some time I have had mine pretty much a year and they are still going strong and have never shredded on me and I was my brushes a fairly often. If you have any questions about this kit or any of the other brushes just comment below and I will answer them to the best of my abilities! Thanks for Reading!

Love
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I really want try this brand of brushes because I heard many positives facts about this product. Many thanks for share your set.
    Your blog is really interesting now I´m following you in Bloglovin´and GFC
    I hope your follow me back

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, they are really good and I do definatly recommend them! Thanks, Becki x

      Delete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs