Thursday 27 December 2012

♥ Real Techniques - Core Collection Review ♥

Today I am going to do a review on one my favourite brush sets ever! If you know a lot about all things beauty related then you will have defiantly heard of Real Techniques if not then I will quickly give you a little background before I go into the review! Real Techniques was founded by the beautiful and talented Samantha Chapman, Sam and her sister Nic are both professional Make-Up artist and together the made youtube channel and website Pixiwoo - where they show they world the best make-up techniques and tutorials. They are both brilliant to watch and are both so inspiring. Sam made a good quality, reasonably priced and easy to use brush range, that is colour code and has each brush has a name so you know exactly what to use it for. Sam has made an incredible brush range and I can't say any bad thing about any of her brushes that I have tried!


Product

As I do with every review that I do I am going to add a description from the Real Techniques website.

"Create a perfect canvas with this collection of coverage essentials:
  • includes 4 full-size brushes + case:
    • detailer brush: precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition
    • pointed foundation brush: Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage
    • buffing brush: ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation
    • contour brush: delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish
    • panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand
  • look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
  • ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use"
I totally agree with everything in this discription and I think it gives you a true overlook on the brushes.

How it Works?

It depends on what you are doing but I am going to quickly tell you how I like to use each brush and why I like to use them for that reason.

Buffing Brush - I use this for my liquid foundation everyday, It buffs your foundation in perfectly without leaving foundation lines and it also feels amazing on your skin.


Pointed Foundation Brush - I either use this brush or the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush for my under-eye Concealer, this brush is a great shape to get right underneath your lower lash line.


Contour Brush - I also use this everyday with my powder blush, It is the perfect shape to sweep blush on your cheeks and it picks products up well.

 

Detailer Brush - This is my go to brush when I need to apply lipstick with a brush, the bristles are the perfect length to get precise definition and applies the lipstick easily. Please note mine is stained by red lipstick!


Packaging

The brushes themselves come in a case that can also act as a stand, I personally don't use the case or stand but if I travelled a lot it is a great addition to have!

Price

The brushes are available online and in Boots (Uk). You can buy them here for £21.99.

Overall Opinion

Overall these are some of my favourite brushes of all times, they are so affordable and good quality. They wash up well - I have had mine over six months and none of mine have ever shredded! And for the price that deserves a very big round of applause! If you haven't already got this kit then you need to go and but it now! You also need to try the starter kit which is the best for doing your eyes!

Hope you enjoyed and comment below if you already have the brushes or if your going to go and get them now!

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I only own one brush from Real techniques and love it. Its the Stippling Brush which I asked for (in a swap) for foundation but I ended up using it for my cream Blushes:)

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want the stipping brush! I have the core collection and the starter collection and love the both so much. You have to try the buffing brush for foundation I think you will really like.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review, I got my brushes for Christmas and used them for the first time today and I love them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have so much real technique brushes and i love all of them! especially this set :) great review!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs