Saturday 15 December 2012

♥ Easy Glitter Nails ♥

First off I have to apologise for not posting anything on Wednesday, I have not been well. I have had a really bad cold which included losing my voice, sore throat, runny and blocked nose well the list could you on! (I know very glamorous!) So I didn't want to post anything that wasn't worth posting! If you would like to see a post on products that go me though it then comment below saying so.

Recently I did a post on Christmas nail art as a part of a Christmas series I am doing, now not everybody wants a Christmas tree, Snowman, Santa, Rudolf and a Candy Cane on their nails so I am going to show you how to have a part of Christmas on your nails - Glitter!

It's simple and easy to do, in fact it is just painting your nails. When I wear glitter on all my nails I get lots of complements and I often get asked what is on my nails, that is what inspired me to write this post.


First off I am going to remove any nail polish that may already be on my nail using Sally Hanson - Regular Nail Polish, this will also ensure that our nails are clean and the nail polish will go on evenly.



As always I like to start off with my trusted OPI - Natural Nail Strengthener, this is my favourite base. Using a base will ensure that the nail polish doesn't stain your nails and that your nail polish will go on smoothly.


I am now going to show you five of my favourite glitter nail polishes. To use glitter nail polishes I recommend taking your time and building it up in layers, for me I tend to only do two - three layers as if you do to many it can get to thick and within a few days it will peel off! Here is some of my favourite glitter nail polishes...

OPI - Servin' Up Sparkle
 
 
OPI - Divine Swine
 
 
China Glaze - Pizzazz
 
 
Barry M - Rose Quartz Glitter
 
 
Barry M - Gold Glitter

To finish off I am using OPI - RapiDry Top Coat, this particular top coat is quite thick. You should always add a top coat on your nails once painted as it gives your nails shine (which looks amazing on glitter), it also helps your nail polish stay on for longer. If your like me and you paint your nails every few days (4-5 days) then you may also smudge your nails and it is the biggest pain of painting your nails! I like to use Leighton Denny's - Miracle Drops, this is a miracle products for me and one that has saved me from melt downs may times!


If you are wanting to do glitter nails for Christmas I would recommend using Barry M - Gold Glitter or a Red glitter nail polish. I hope you enjoyed this easy and last minute glitter nails. Let me know if you have any requests for upcoming posts and if your going to try this then let me know in the comments and even send me a photo!

Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs