Sunday 12 August 2012

Olympics London 2012 - Inspired Great Britain Make-Up


Continuing with the Olympic themed posts, I thought I would do a Union Jack inspired make-up since I've already got them nails to match! Post Here. I'm going to show you the make-up look first and then at the end I'll tell you how to add a little bit extra! (Also I'm not going to show you how to do your base, I'll just list the products I used. Then at the end I'll put a summery list of products).

Face
If your going to do your base now is the time to do it! If not and your going au natural then you can skip this part! (I am very jealous of you!) Also if you want to fill your eyebrow in you can also do that, if you want to see how I do mine Click Here!

Bare Minerals - Prime Time - Face Primer
MAC - Face & Body Foundation - C1
MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer - NW15
MAC - Mineralize SkinFinish Natural - Medium

Eyes

First I put an eye primer all over my lid, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden. Then using a eyeshadow brush I put MAC - Eyeshadow in Ricepaper and then with my finger I put L'Oreal - Colour Infallible Eyeshadow - 002 Hourglass Beige, I put the gold eyeshadow over the top to give the eyes an extra bit of something! Then because well have dramatic everything else I am putting a light to medium brown in my crease, MAC -Eyeshadow in Wedge, to define my eyes. To line my upper lash line I used L'Oreal - Contour Khol - 138 Blue Denim, then I used an angled brush and used a blue eyeshadow from Elf - 100 Eyeshadow Palette - (I used the colour on the 4th row, 8 down!) And I put in on my lower lash line, I then put Soap & Glory - Thick and Fast Mascara.

Lips

Using a Detailer Brush from Real Techniques (core collection) I used a limited edition lipstick from MAC - Watch Me Simmer (Amplified), this isn't a true red more of a coral red but I felt it looked right.


Tip! - If your feeling daring then why not try the lip tattoos from Violent Lips, you can get union jack ones! Link for website Here!

Union Jack Time!

You can put a union jack anywhere on your face you want with basically anything you want e.g eyshadow, liners or even lipstick! But I decided to put half a one on the corner of my forehead using liners and eyeshadow.

First I used NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, I used this to make the outline of my flag and then I made it into sections (eight lines). Then still using the jumbo pencil I filled in the white sections (three sections), I then used L'Oreal - Contour Khol - 138 Blue Denim, to fill in the two blue sections. And for the two red sections I used Lord and Berry - Lip Liner in Russo. I then used my Costal Scents - 78 Eyeshadow and Blush Combo, to set the liners with the eyeshadows.

I am really happy how it turned out! I'm sad that the Olympics is now over, I don't know what to do with myself as I have been stuck in it since it started. The sports that I got really into:

-Diving (One of the sports I wish I could learn!)

- Athletics

- Gymnastics

- Track Cycling

- Swimming

- Water Polo (Never really heard of this! Its amazing!).

Any way  I still have the closing ceremony to look forward to and there is meant to be some amazing performers!


Here's a product summery for you:

- Bare Minerals - Prime Time - Face Primer
- MAC - Face & Body Foundation - C1
- MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer - NW15
- MAC - Mineralize SkinFinish Natural - Medium
- Bourjois - Bronzing Powder
- Benefit - Hoola Bronzer
- Benefit - PosieTint
- Jemma Kidd - Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme - Iced Gold
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
- MAC - Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
- L'Oreal - Colour Infallible Eyeshadow - 002 Hourglass Beige
- MAC -Eyeshadow in Wedge
- L'Oreal - Contour Khol - 138 Blue Denim
- Elf - 100 Eyeshadow Palette
- Soap & Glory - Thick and Fast Mascara
- MAC - Watch Me Simmer (Amplified)
- NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- Lord and Berry - Lip Liner in Russo
- Costal Scents - 78 Eyeshadow and Blush Combo

 Hope you enjoyed! What was your favourite Olympic Sport? Comment Below & Follow!


Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs