Thursday 19 July 2012

£20 Make-up Challenge

I have seen a lot of my favourite youtubers and bloggers so this challenge recently, so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon, especially as I am always up for a challenge. I also wanted to try this as at least half of the make-up I use in a daily basis is more than £20, so I hope I like some of the products so much I will be able to swap them out for make-up I use every day.  I knew this was going to be difficult before I started looking but I never thought it would take me about a week to come up with the final list. I was very tempted to use all Make-up Academy products as most of them are £1 but I thought that would count as cheated so I have only resorted to Mua when I was desperate and am happy at the brands I have gone with especially as I have never tried some of the products.  I have to say before I start that I have used some products that I already had in my collection and didn’t see the point on buying products when I already had good enough items here. I will give you a list of the products first and then I will tell you how I created my look for my version of the £20 Make-up Challenge.



Face

NYC – All Day Long Foundation in 737 Classic Ivory - £2.49

MUA – Pressed Powder in Shade 2 - £1

Natural Collection - Blush in Peach Melba - £1.99

Natural Collection – Bronzer in Golden Glow- £1.99



Eyes

NYC – Colour Instinct Eye Shadow Palette in 967 Picnic in Central Park - £2.49

MUA – Liquid Eyeliner in Black - £1

MUA – Mascara in Shade 5 (Black) - £1

MUA – Eye Brow Pencil in Blonde - £1


Lips

MUA – Lipstick in Shade 15 Juicy - £1

MUA – Lip gloss in Shade 1 - £1

Brushes & Tools

Elf – Eye Defining Brush - £1.50

Elf – Total Face Brush - £1.50

Primark – Eyelash Curlers - £1


Total £18.96


Step 1 – Face

As I didn’t have enough money for a primer I made sure I moisturised my skin to give a base for my foundation (not included in budget). Next I took my foundation NYC – All Day Long Foundation and pump a large pea sized amount onto the back of my hand then blended it into my face using my finger, as your fingers are free. I then pumped a small pea sized onto the back of my hand and used this as a concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes.

I then took my Elf – Total Face Brush and swirled it into my MUA- Pressed Powder and buffed it into my skin, this helps to set the foundation and reduce any shine I may have. I also them used the Elf – Total Face for my bronzer and my blush, I used held the bristles together to help contour my cheeks. I used two Natural Collection products for my cheeks which is their SunTint Bronzing Powder in Golden Glow and Blushed Cheeks in Peach Melba.
Step 2 – Eyes

I am just using a tiny bit of my foundation to prime my eyes as I don’t have any money within the budget for an eye primer or a concealer. For my eye shadow I am using the NYC – Colour Instinct, Eye Shadow Palette in Picnic in Central Park (what a cute name!). I used the little eye shadow applicator to put the light gold all over my lids, and the Elf – Defining Eye Brush to put the mid toned brown onto the outer part of my lid and then the dark brown into my crease and then I blended them together. I then lined my upper lash line with MUA – Liquid Liner and then curled my eyelashes with my Primark Eye Lash Curler and put MUA – Mascara onto both my top and bottom lashes. I also filled my eyebrows in with MUA – Eye Brow Pencil (Yes this is in blonde and I do have dark brown hair but it was the only one they had and it works alright!). Then brushed though my eyebrows with the attached brush.
Step 3 – Lips

I applied MUA – Lipstick in Juicy onto my lips straight from the tube. I love this colour and it is very pigmented for just £1! I then put a clear lip gloss over the top to add shine, I used MUA – Lip gloss Shade 1.

Over all I am very happy with the look I created I just wish I could have used a primer and concealer but apart from that I am very happy with it! I am also very proud of myself for being £1.04 under budget!


Have you tried this challenge? If so leave a link below I would love to check it out and see what you have created, if you haven’t then tell me if you think you would be able to do it!



Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs